The Orme School was established in 1929 by the Orme Family and is located in beautiful central Arizona. We are a nonprofit school and we pride ourselves on our close-knit and extremely diverse community. We are an equal opportunity employer dedicated to creating a family atmosphere for staff, faculty and students. Our college preparatory boarding program serves students in grades 8 through a Post Graduate year. Orme’s oasis-like location and history provide a unique career opportunity. We maintain high academic expectations and also offer excellent athletic and arts programs, horsemanship, gardening and sustainability initiatives, and outdoor exploration. Most of our faculty live on campus in faculty housing, and are involved in academics, extra-curricular activities, and residential education as teachers, coaches, mentors, and advisors. A career at The Orme School is much more than a job; it is about being welcomed into our healthy, distinct and supportive community.
The School is dedicated to the principles of equal employment opportunity. We prohibit unlawful discrimination against applicants or employees on the basis of age 40 and over, race, sex, color, religion, national origin, disability, military status, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable state or local law.
Assistant Director of Admissions
The Orme School is seeking an Assistant Director of Admissions to join their team. Orme recently ranked in the top 20 in the USA, Featured on Bloomberg, PBS, Fox and NPR. The Assistant Director of Admissions will assist the Director of Admissions in all areas related to admissions, marketing, PR, and student recruitment and retention. Significant domestic and international travel is required. This position will report directly to the Associate Head of School & Advancement Director, as well as to the Director of Admissions.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Serve as a primary point of contact for inquiring students and their families through the entire admissions process from inquiry to enrollment.
- Interview student applicants and families.
- Actively communicate with referral sources (e.g., educational consultants, alumni, agents).
- Represent The Orme School both on and off campus.
- Support the Director of Admissions in all aspects of daily work including oversight of the Admissions Office and its functions when the Director is not present.
- Assist with strategic plan for use in financial aid and budgetary planning.
- Coordinate and oversee campus tours, creating and sustaining a cadre of qualified student tour guides.
- Travel frequently and efficiently to recruit qualified applicants and maintain contact with referral sources.
- Participate in our full boarding community experience, including living on campus, duty, and weekend and evening duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, information technology, education, or other related field.
- 1-3 years of admission experience in independent boarding school, or school of higher education, or related non-profit sales and marketing experience strongly preferred.
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills including comfort with public speaking.
- Adept at using database technology as a tool for data collection, storage and generation.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment managing multiple priorities and deadlines.
- A proven team player with cooperative mindset and willingness.
If interested in this position, please send a letter of interest, resume and three references to Ross Sanner, Associate Head of School & Advancement Director at firstname.lastname@example.org
Advancement and Alumni Relations Coordinator
The Orme School is a premiere, top-20 college-preparatory boarding school located among the scenic beauty of Arizona. The Advancement and Alumni Relations Coordinator works together with the Advancement Team to create and implement a strategic alumni relations program. Primary responsibilities include: Providing staff support to the Advancement Team; coordinating alumni communications; and marketing admission and alumni events to achieve maximum attendance.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Report to Associate Head of School/Advancement Director.
- Work in conjunction with the Director of Admissions in the planning and direction of regional and on-campus admission events.
- Utilize and manage all aspects of the donor and alumni database to process gifts and build relationships.
- Serve as a liaison to the alumni body to keep them connected to each other and the school through general correspondence, social media, emails, cultivation and invitations to events, etc.
- Provide content and update information on the school’s website.
- Act as a representative of the school, scheduling and leading on-campus tours.
- Work together with the Advancement Team to plan and execute school communications and communication calendar.
- Serve as primary stewardship coordinator for all constituencies with a focus on creatively appreciating alumni.
- Manage the gift receipting and acknowledgement process to standards of best practices, while ensuring that all gifts are recorded properly and that data is captured for ongoing stewardship.
- Provide general administrative support to Advancement Office.
- Collaborate with the Advancement staff on all outreach efforts.
- 2-5 years of experience in effectively coordinating programs or events in an office setting.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills, including the ability to connect people with one another and, most importantly, to the school.
- Ability to effectively articulate the goals and mission of the school.
- Experience in marketing, communications and fundraising with a focus on web content and social media including writing duties.
- Raiser’s Edge or similar fundraising database experience preferred.
This position description is not all-inclusive, as other tasks or responsibilities may be required. Evening and weekend hours are occasionally required, along with occasional travel. On-campus housing is available as part of compensation. Send cover letter, resume and two references relevant to this position to: Ross Sanner, Associate Head of School/Director of Advancement at email@example.com.
There are currently no open faculty positions at this time. If you would like to proactively send your resume for consideration for future teaching positions, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org.